Tuesday 24 March 2009

Appropriate body art.

www.lolviral.com/.../2007/10/tattoo10grand.png

This woman was pain $10,000 to get this tattoo on her head! She said she did it to put her kids through school, would her kids be proud? What are the odds they never want to go back to school ever again due to all the ridicule?

She will no doubt regret this for the rest of her life because if it come to the time (which it most definitely will) she wants it removed, it will take a lot of the money she got paid and ten times the pain - and even then she will still be left scarred!

Tattoos have been around for hundreds of years, granted that the reasons for people having them have changed as have the designs. But, tattoos are art, especially nowadays. Since the 70s reputations of tattooists as serious artists has shot up, it's not a case of being scared of being poisoned, it is a much more hygienic practice. As long as you go to a reputable artist and then do what you need to look after it then you will be fine.
I have several tattoos myself (I must say they do hurt but it's true, it's kinda addictive!) My position on the subject is that it's far from being bad, it's a matter of personal choice - your not hurting anyone (except yourself). But, I have to admit if a police officer, lawyer, teacher, judge etc have tattoos or even piercings poking out all over the place I wouldn't be particulary approving! I'm studying to be a teacher, I therefore will not have a tattoo anywhere I cannot cover it up. If I went to my sons school and saw a teacher (male or female) covered in body art I wouldn't think it was the best example to set.

Tasteful, apprpriately placed art can look stunning. If your job is being a tattooist then your body would be the best advertising board. It's all about personal taste, but there is still a stigma attached to tattoos, that they are for thugs etc, and I don't think that will change some peoples opinions. Either way I don't care, I have tattoos because I want them, if I regret it when I'm old and grey then so be it, live for today because who knows what tomorrow will bring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment