Tuesday 17 February 2009

Kid's Smoking.


http://davefoxbeingbad.blogspot.com/ I am responding to a point that Dave raised about kid's smoking. He mentioned an episode of the reality programme Boy's and Girl's Alone where girl's aged 8-11 were smoking with pretend cigarettes. As a parent of a 9 year old boy I did find it quite harrowing to watch. I started at a young age and definitely do not want my lad to. This programme showed just what children think and do when adults are not around, it truely is worrying as a parent.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/rich-pupils-more-likely-to-copy-bad-behaviour-593653.html A study in America has found that 'rich pupil's' are more likely to copy their classmates than 'poorer pupil's'. The children of smokers were more immune due to being better informed, and the children with rich parents were more susceptable maybe because they are rebelling.
Phew.... so fingers crossed if I inform my son enough, don't become rich, and don't discipline him to the point that he rebels..... I should be fine, right??

1 comment:

  1. I think what you say is true, we need to take into consideration that when you're a teenager you're filled with people telling you what you should and shouldn't do. And so, I think that it's mostly an act of rebellion - kids strike out and smoke because everyone is of the same opinion that it's unhealthy and bad for you and they want to challenge this.

    ReplyDelete