Tuesday 17 February 2009

What's the big deal???


Smoking. Always a classic for a great debate! Have been smoking since the age of 11 (27 now), I'm so not proud of it! Have quit 3 times only to be lured back to the wretched existance of being a smoker.
As everyone with an ounce of common sense is aware, smoking kills. It's been thrust in our faces often enough. But you know what? Who cares! Over the last decade - and most definitely the future -epidemeolgists are telling us the copious amounts of everyday things that apparently can cause cancer. From coffee and tea, to toothpaste and wallpaper! http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/cancer%20list.htm The point is, if we listen to the 'experts' on everything w would all be living in sterile bubbles!
I hate smoking (well something in me loves it actually!) I hate the smell of it, how it looks and the big hole it burns in my pocket (excuse th pun!). So why do I do it? Well...... because I want to and I can. Its a little thing called free choice. I agree with the ban in public, I don't wish to push my habit on anybody. I don't smoke in my house, it stinks plus I don't want to impose it on my child. I didn't smoke when I was pregnant and I respect all non-smokers views. But, bottom line is that I choose to do it. Yes I care about my health, yet I drink, smoke, don't exercise enough, I breathe in co2 emmissions (oh look, something that is pushed on everyone but no mention of banning it, strange.) I also love stuffing my face with chocolate, pizza, chips, takeaways, I drink coffee and I brush my teeth!! But hey I love my life, I don't intend on living by the rules and living a boring life, I'm going to enjoy as long as I can, as the old cliche goes.....I could get run over by a bus tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment