Tuesday 14 April 2009

Bullying!



One thing I can not stand is bullying. I have been fortunate throughout my life not to come in to contact with a bully, but I have known people who have suffered at the hands of a bully. I worry that my son will at some point have to deal with a bully, more so because it is on the uprise. One thing I tell my son is that if anyone so much as attempts to pick on you - then make sure you stand up for yourself! I go against the schools policy of doing nothing but tell the teacher, I tell my son that if someone hits you then you hit them back! This way you are showing the bully that you will not stand for it. Bullies pick out those who appear weak, if you fight back this shocks them, they realise they can not get away with it. Although, bullying is not only physical, if anything it is more psychological. It is also seen as a childhood thing, when in fact a lot of bullying these days occurs in the workplace. People who got away with bullying at school may carry this into adulthood. They tend to bully to hide their own inadequacies, they bully those who are better than them at certain things - they are jealous. Some just bully because they think they are being funny or clever. The fact is, bullies are nothing but weak, pathetic, immature nobodies. The only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them, don't give in to their demands. If they don't have control of you, then this takes the fun away from them, they then have to deal with their own insecurities in a more productive way.

http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/bully.htm

http://www.successunlimited.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment